The following organizations offer information, products or services that may be helpful to your family (click on a category):
National & Regional Injury Prevention & Preparedness Services
General Home and Family Safety
Environmental Health & Safety
Emergency Medical Preparedness
- American Red Cross – Learn approaches to injury prevention as well as how to respond to medical emergencies.
- American Heart Association – Learn about cardiovascular health and emergency care for strokes and heart attacks.
Motor Vehicle Safety
Bicycle and Pedestrian Safety
- Pool Safely - Explore a comprehensive library of brochures, reports, videos and checklists on pool and spa safety for the general public, including parents and families.
- National Safe Boating Council - Review online materials and training opportunities pertaining to boating safety.
- National Water Safety Program - View online videos and safety tips related to boating and swimming safety.
- US Coast Guard - Learn about water safety through a comprehensive assortment of videos, images and online training materials.
- American Red Cross – Access training materials and classes related to water and boating safety.
- Georgia Department of Natural Resources - Explore educational materials regarding hunting, fishing, boating and other outdoor recreational activities.
Infant & Child Safety
Teen Drug Abuse Prevention
- Parents – The Anti-Drug - Identify warning signs and prevent teenage drug abuse, including threat from family medicine cabinets (prescription and over-the-counter drugs).
Atlanta Metro Area Family-Related Services
Baby Planning / Concierge Service
- Bottles to Britches – Help for expectant and 1st time parents re: their new roles, connecting them with people and products, baby announcements, nursery design and green home makeovers.
Baby Product Retailers
- New Baby Products – Offer a wide variety of baby products from all categories and price ranges (including the top brands in strollers, car seats, furniture, high chairs, accessories, etc.). Two convenient locations: Atlanta and Snellville.
Care for Pregnant & Nursing Mothers
- Angela Buehler, NNEB - Professional Baby Nurse. Preemie and multiple specialist. Over 20 years of new mother and baby care experience. All shifts available. CPR trained. Excellent references available. 404-966-2661. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Happy Baby Solutions – Offer 2 helpful services: 1) Baby nurse service featuring professional infant specialists with CPR certification and minimum 3 years’ experience, AND 2) Happiest Baby Workshop featuring important advice on how to calm babies and help them sleep longer.
Environmental Testing – Lead
- Exposing Lead – In-home/facility provider of lead and other heavy metals testing of consumer goods such as toys, dinnerware, and jewelry – anything of concern.
Pediatric Concierge Service
- Priority Pediatrics – Concierge pediatric practice where physician comes directly to your home to provide exceptional care and attention vs. a traditional doctor’s office visit.
Teenage Driving Instruction
- Fear This 4 Life – 8 hour class teaching teens accident avoidance skills – designed and taught by P.O.S.T. Certified Police Academy Instructors and endorsed by the State of Georgia Insurance Commissioner.